Best Vacation Spot for Hiking in Island of Java
Welcome back to www.bookofhuman.blogspot.com
Today, I’d like to share my experience about hiking. Hhhmmm interesting, isn’t it ? First, I will introduce some mountains which recommended for you.
1. Merapi Mountain (2,930 m)
Mount Merapi is an active volcano located in centre of Java Island, Indonesia. This mountain has a height of 2,930 m and erupts on average every 5-10 years. The name Merapi from old Javanese language means “the one making fire” is a popular name for volcanoes : another volcano in Indonesia are Ijen Crater in East Java and similarly called volcano “Marapi” lies on Sumatra Island.
2. Merbabu (3145 m)
|One of camping ground on Merbabu mountain|
|The summit of Merbabu mountain|
Mount Merbabu is a dormant stratovolcano in Central Java province on the Indonesian island of Java. The name Merbabu could be loosely translated as 'Mountain of Ash' from the Javanese combined words; Meru means "mountain" and awu or abu means "ash".
The active volcano Mount Merapi is directly adjacent on its south-east side, while the city of Salatiga is located on its northern foothills. A 1,500m high broad saddle lies between Merbabu and Merapi, the site of the village of Selo and highly fertile farming land.
Lawu Mountain has the a lot of histories as the mystical mountain which location between East Java and Central Java province. There are :
1. The last location of Prabu Brawijaya V and his followers died.
2. The location which use Raden Sujono and his wife for meditation as reaching the power or willingness becoming the leader in Yogyakarta. He gets Hamengku Buwono I as a degree.
3. The location of Kiai Ageng Atas Angin’s ( Sunan Lawu) meditation
What the adventure looking for ?
1. Enjoy a caldera on the top. If dry season we can see cloud wave.
2. Javanese tradition look like praying over night from one place to another place around Lawu without doing any activity. But when Javanese new year (13/14 Oct 2015), there is like a barbeque party will be happenning for celebrating his/her hope which already reached.
Wanna feel my experience on youtube ?
Chech this out !
For anyone who wanna get any information, especially about porter or mountain guide, you can contact me on e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or for further information please send message to (+62)8565-9050-230 (Ms.Ika)