Recruitment Comminications & Outreach Manager CIFOR – March 2016
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) is a nonprofit, global research organization dedicated to advancing human well-being, environmental conservation and equity.
CIFOR is looking for a
Communications & Outreach Manager
The achieve these aims, CIFOR’s communications and outreach program includes events (including the Global Landscapes Forum), Forest News (a virtual news service with multimedia packages; blog.cifor.org), social media, media engagement and monitoring, video, photography, listservs, dissemination, and regional communications activities across Africa, Latin America and Asia.
The Communications & Outreach Manager will also contribute to proposal writing, oversee the unit’s budgets, and provide strategic communications advice to senior management and researchers.
- Master’s degree in communications, journalism, or a related discipline
- At least 12 years of professional work experience in media/communications, prefetably internationally, with experience with a range of communications tools and techniques
- At least 5 years experience of managing teams and budgets
- A skilled, dynamic writer and editor
- Have a proven strong understanding of social media and of how media work
- Experience in planning, implementing, and evaluating complex communication programs
- Experience in working for a research facility or within the development sector is an advantage
- Fluency in English essential, other languages (esp. French, Spanish, Indonesian) an advantage
For detail information about this position, click HERE
Deadline : 31 March 2016
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates